Tuesday 29 January 2013

Construction examples

Construction examples: Front cover



I started by creating my magazine title. I chose to use pink against a black background because it makes the pink stand out. I chose pink as it is a feminine colour and my magazine is aimed at young females. 


 I then started to add in pictures and text. I'm using bright bold colours because usually Pop magazines are bright and bold and sometimes look gaudy, flashy etc.


I then just carried on adding in text and moving shapes around. 


 All of the colours used are bright and bold. They are also feminine colours. 


I added in different coloured shapes in the background but decided that I didn't like the shapes so I changed them. I chose to change the shapes to dots.


I changed the shapes to dots and I decided to keep them all one colour as they look simple but effective this way. I also decided not to use the lilac colour as it just seemed out of place, so I changed it too blue. I also moved the barcode over and added in a price.


This is my final front cover. I have added in more text and I have kept the colour scheme which is bright, bold and flashy. 


This is a screenshot of my front cover fully. 



This is the final draft of my front cover. I have changed the colour of the logo and included white dots as well as pink. The top picture is the bottom half of the front cover and the bottom picture is the top half.



No comments:

Post a Comment