Tuesday 20 November 2012

Font testing: Pop style

Font testing: Pop style

Pop magazines are usually aimed at young teenage girls. I suppose what type of font that is used doesn't really matter as you can't really categorise fonts to do with gender. The use of font is to just make the magazine clear and easy to read. However you can get some fonts that look feminine such as 'Georgia', I feel it looks feminine because of the flicks on some letters.



This magazine front cover includes about three types of font. The reason why I like the fact that there are only three fonts used is that because the font is used more than once it looks nice, simple and clear. 

I think for my magazine I will keep it simple like this magazine and will use only about three or four fonts. I will then use the fonts that I have chosen more than once. I could mix fonts together as well just to make titles more interesting, for example on this magazine is says 'Miley's CRAZY family album!' and the CRAZY is in capitals and the other words are not and the it is also a different font. I could also experiment with the sizes of the fonts and whether I want them to be BOLD or not and in CAPS LOCK or not.

Arial: I like this style of writing because it seems modern and it is very clear and easy to read. I prefer it when it isn't bold though. This is what it looks like when it is bold. I think i'd use this font quite a lot in my magazine because it is simple but effective and like this magazine I can use it more than once. 


Georgia: I like this font. It is very clear and easy to read because it has the little flicks on some letters such as 'S', 'R' and 'A' it makes it look fancy and formal. I could use this font for the titles of articles and for quotes and things like this. 


Verdana: I like this font it is similar to Arial. It is bold, easy to read and clear. I could use this for titles and quotes for example on this magazine their is a title that says 'SPECIAL REPORT!' and this would be what i would use this font for.


Times: This font is very similar to the font called Georgia. I really like this one and could use it for many different things. I think I will only use it once or twice because it is similar to a font that I have already chosen.



I think the main two fonts that I will use are Arial and Georgia. I will use Times and Verdana but not as much as the other fonts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment